Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Victory is the Lord

by Hazel Holland

In My distress I called out to the Lord.
His ears were open, my cry was heard.
He took hold of my hand and lifted me up.
He smiled at me as He filled my cup.
He brought me out into a spacious place
So I could stand before His face.

With His help I can scale a wall.
He keeps my lamp burning, I need not fall.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer.
He arms me with strength so I need not fear.
He trains my hands to wield a sword.
My shield of victory is the Lord!

___________________________
I wrote this poem at a time in my life when God's anointing was so strong on me for intercession for His children that I could no longer work at a "regular" job as a special education teacher. Waiting to see how He would open up another door that would provide income for me was a struggle of my faith. I wrote this poem after experiencing his miraculous provision in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment